win

• Thread starter silliestnameicouldthinkof
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
(Alarm)Yes. She got a first so with added stuff like volunteering it'll make it a bit easier to get into med school.

(Alarm)Yes. She got a first so with added stuff like volunteering it'll make it a bit easier to get into med school.

BTW that was`nt a wind up. Have few friends that have done similar.

If she's intending to travel overland out of Cambodia it's much easier via Vietnam than via Thailand.
There's two overland routes to Bangkok from Phnom Penh, neither are easy, one goes west of Tonle Sap, the large lake by Seam Reap (Angkor Wat) and the other east of the Mekong and the lake, via Seam Reap.
The best bet is straight up the mekong on the river boat to Seam Reap.
But from there it's taxi or back of a pickup to the Thai border. Quite a distance. For a few dollars extra she could try getting to sit in the cab.
There is a railway but no trains! :eek:
You don't need a visa for Thailand, just a few dollars at the border.

Whereas there are multiple options going from Phnom Penh to Saigon. It's a well recognised tourist trail and it's shorter.
If you go via minbus the driver collects all the passports and takes them for verification while the passengers wait in the cafe!

If she's intending to fly to Bangkok, tell her to try haggling for the price of the ticket. (at Phnom Penh, that is, not at Heathrow!)

I think I'd better copy these and email them to her. Local knowledge is worth more than bumph from agencies. ;)

Sponsored Links
You don't need porters, transport etc to go across the borders, but there are always locals hanging around to carry your bag, give you a ride etc to the border checkpoint. They are short walking distances between checkpoints.

The story about Yorkshire Bank was that a customer with an account felt the bank was allegedly incompetant, to say the least, so the long-suffering fellow closed his a/c and changed his name to "Yorkshire Bank Are Fascist B*stards plc" so when they sent him a cheque, they had to print that on it!!

Think I'll change mine to, 'We Owe You Loads of Cash', and then write to the tax man.
His reply should be interesting. :LOL:

Back