Window Sill Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am fitting a new uVPC window sill to replace the old manky one. The surface is a mixture of concrete, plaster (which I’ll probably scrape off) and soft materials. The front concrete section is more raised that the back, would it be best to stick a baton in to bring it up to level prior to sticking down?

I have some Stixall adhesive, will this work?

Many thanks for your help

IMG_1052.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You can use screw to act as a adjustable packer by turning to rase or lower. Sill sits on top of screws heads.

Then stick with your polymer stixall

You can also use wood along front face so sill sits on. Stick sill then remove the wood

Better to make good opening to avoid flimsy packing before offering in window.

You can use screw to act as a adjustable packer by turning to rase or lower. Sill sits on top of screws heads.

Then stick with your polymer stixall

You can also use wood along front face so sill sits on. Stick sill then remove the wood
That sounds like a great idea with the screws, many thanks!

I abit confused what you are suggesting with the timber, is this just to make the window sill stick over the ledge abit?

Sponsored Links
Timber along the front wall. Wider than the window opening fixed to the wall which will support the sill at the front. The sill will sit on it. When fixed remove timber

If your new plastic sill is thick enough (and not just cloaking board) I think you could use regular large 'blobs' of Stixall to make up the height difference. You'll be surprised at how much adhesive you'll need though! Personally, I'd level the void off with mortar and just use the adhesive to secure the board later. All the best!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back