windows 8 second screen on desk top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the desk top and screen on internet page. I have managed to create a second page/split screen, side by side. This was reduced the size of screen I use to 75% don't seem to be able remove it. I can enlarge but not remove.
Looked on internet and help pages but nothing comes up. Any ideas how to remove this, it has not always been there.

Sponsored Links
I have done a restart and the second screen seems to have gone, but the desktop short cut icons have strayed a little from the right of screen.

If two programs are running in split screen, one can be shut down by putting the mouse pointer at the top of the screen so that it turns into a hand. Then click and hold the left mouse button. Drag the mouse down to the bottom of the screen and let go of the mouse button. The program will close and the split screen will go full screen with the other program that is still open.

To keep the Desktop icons in place. Right-click on the Desktop and go to 'View'. Put ticks next to: 'Auto arrange icons' and 'Align icons to grid'.

What if you have no mouse and are using a laptop.
If have tried the hand graby thing, the screen reduces, then once let go, expands back

Sponsored Links
I haven't had any experience of using Windows 8 on a touch-screen but when dragging down, is that all the way to the very bottom of the screen?

Edit: Just playing around some more and found it is also possible to drag the program to the side of the screen using the mouse. Then the program closes and the split screen disappears. I can't put that to the test on a touch-screen though unfortunately.

Back