Wired house alarm with the use of SMS.

I consider those as ultra sonic sensors and not vibration sensors and I agree they are not (often) triggered by vibration from vehicles.

I saw a demonstration at a home security exhibition of a pane of glass being removed without tripping the vibration sensor fitted to the window. I won't reveal how other than to say it did not involve any brute force but did involve a special tool.

Sponsored Links
I recently had to add extra detection on a system fitted by others. Where as you mention they removed the DG unit without tripping the shock sensor.
Not a lot else could have been used as it was a bathroom window leading to a flat roof.
As it was bells only and no URN required I have now fitted beams across the roof access and a new curtain PIR in the hall sited so it can be set and the children still move about. As this was done when the clients were at home. Rather frightening for the wife as you can imagine.

As to the ultra sonics they are a PITA and can be triggered to lock out a system with a little knowledge and the right tool, that all have unfortunately. I only use them with video conformation, as I do not trust them. But again each to their own preferences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back