Wireless Alarm - Yale HSA6300 :?:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :D

I would really appreciate any advice/info anyone can offer regarding wireless alarms.

I have read through the many threads on here about wireless alarms and have seen some opinions about Yale which did initially put me off. However, I have had a look around and compared to some other products I have seen, they do seem to be offering a reasonable product at a good price (already comes with 2 door contacts and extras seem to be half the price of other makes I have looked at). Therefore I am considering going for the HSA6300 as it seems to offer what I want from an alarm:
- Wireless
- Easy to install
- No telephone connection (I work a good 1hrs drive away - and cannot always get away so to get a phonecall or message is useless to me - I am relying on visual deterrent & good neighbours!)
- Ability to change entrance time
- Select certain areas of the house to be alarmed when at home.

My 2 questions are:
1) Does anyone have a suggestion of an alternative to the Yale HSA6300/6400 at a similar price?
2) If I went for the HSA6400, which seems to be on offer at a similar price to the HSA6300, do I have to connect the phone line? As it may be something I might want to use in the future, but don't want at present.

Many thanks
;)

Sponsored Links
Hi , you don't have to connect a phone line to a 6400 it works fine without one. You can programme the numbers and message in if you wish then whenever you have a phone installed it will work straight away.

Sorry what was that you said about the professional installers who habit this site criticising the Yale alarms?

Dont worry about this sites comments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back