Wireless Burglar alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to fit an alarm system for my sisters new house. She doesn't want me to start drilling holes and removing plaster. Her house is ready to move in I believe so it's fair enough. I don't have a clue which panel I should use since am newbie electrician. I have fitted accenta Gen 4 mini before but no experience with wireless systems.

Must have Criteria
1) At least 8 zones

2) separate wireless keypad away from the transmitter so that the ac power for it can be kept in the garage. Just like the accenta G4 mini the keypads are remote from the main panel. Obviously the difference is it needs to be wireless. Due to the an old fuse board in the garage, running new cables and complying with 17th edition would be hard work and messy.

3)Night zoning i.e. the ability to omit the zones upstairs but keep downstairs armed.

4)must be idiot proof to install. Since am not a pro and only have two days. My sister need to go school so have to be back on Sunday.

5) readily available in Manchester because I'll be going to London tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Not got much time left ! How many devices do you need ? Enforcer wireless kit comes with 2 pirs 1 contact 2 fobs and wireless bell module , can you drill from hallway to the garage ?

Sponsored Links
No drill? :eek: how are you going to mount panel pirs bellbox? 8 devices for £300 buget ?

Ideally don't want to do any drilling. But why would I need to drill for a completely wireless system. I was planning on 8 pir
About 24 holes needed to be drilled to mount the detectors, panel & outside sounder.

Please let us know how you manage to complete this without the drilling.

Please let us know how you manage to complete this without the drilling.
Have you never heard of double sided sticky tape. ?

:D

What a great idea thats good. Or abit of liquid nail should do the trick lol.

Sorry guys I wasn't clear I meant no drilling/ chopping off plaster (which is brand new). After all the drama, they have decided not to fit an alarm for now. Sometimes it's better off you don't know the customer then you could just walk away.

Am an electrician I can foresee me being asked to fit an alarm system since all of them use AC power. You need to be registered to electrics in the uk.

Would the galaxy G2 be what you pro's would go for? I heard scantronic ion isn't very reliable. Is this true?

Any other brands with complete wireless solution people recommend?

Am an electrician I can foresee me being asked to fit an alarm system since all of them use AC power. You need to be registered to electrics in the uk.

Not all alarms require a hard-wired mains connection, some plug into a normal power socket.

Yeah I don't recommend them since its just as easy to unplug. The battery backup hasn't been maintained. The siren hasn't been maintained either so where is the alarm getting its power.

I cannot believe no one suggested the trusty old Visonic PMax.......

I fitted an enforcer a couple of weeks ago..........nice alarm but has a limited range of sensors....the visonic is much more comprehensive overall.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back