Wireless programmable thermostat choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace the fairly basic old timer on our central heating system with a wireless programmable thermostat, primarily to give us more flexible daily and weekly programming capability to match my wife's fairly random shift patterns. (The hot water will remain on the old timer, although it's on 24/7). Our boiler is a Valiant ThermoCompact. I've narrowed our choice down to three thermostats:

Salus RT500RF - Cheap, simple, reliable (?). Fairly basic interface.
Myson MPRT-RF - Mid priced, nice graphical display of 24hr temp settings but only 3 temperature levels.
ACL Drayton Digistat +2 RF - Most expensive, very flexible temperature and time control.

Has anyone any experience or opinions on these, or other options I should consider?

Sponsored Links
Pity you haven't included the best around at the moment. The Honeywell CM927

Pity you haven't included the best around at the moment. The Honeywell CM927
Happy to consider other options. The Honeywell looks to be priced around the same point as the Drayton. What makes it better? Reliability?

Whilst considering other options, is there any value in looking at Valliant thermostats? My boiler is about 6 or 7 years old, a Valliant ThermoCompact.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell are usually very reliable and about the easiest to set up and use ;)

Funnily enough I posted exactly the same question on here a week or so ago, and ended up getting a Honeywell 927 based on the advice given, have to say I'm totally happy with it, it's neat and easy to install and programme and it has some great features like you can tweak the current day's programme and then copy it to any or all remaining days, plus it has other great features like holiday mode, party mode etc. Best of all it has a cover which hides the extra buttons when you don't need them, great to dissuade the kids (and the wife!) from fiddling with the settings ;)

Managed to pick one up new on ebay for £72 delivered..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back