wireless temp readings for wired room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Edit: I've realised the search terms I was using were incorrect. "RF room stat" seems to have turned up a bunch of options, including stats with multiple receivers.

I can't seem to find the option to delete the thread, so feel free to poke fun at me for being an idiot :)

G

We have two-zone (upstairs, downstairs) S-plan-plus with gravity fed DHW.

Problem is, whoever installed it decided it would be a good plan to put the room stat for the upstairs zone on the landing between the two bedrooms. I'm sure that seemed like a fine idea, except if the doors are closed the room temp is unrestricted.

The rads in the bedrooms do have TRVs, but if I use those the boiler will simply run and run.

One of the bedrooms will always be required to be hotter of the two so I could simply move the stat into that room and use the TRV in the other; however it's a faff I could do without (it's a loft conversion so changing the wiring is going to involve me going into the crawl space) and I wondered if there was a way to have a wireless probe controlling a wired stat.

The Salus T105RF does appear to do exactly this but it's no longer made and the only mention I could find of it on here is not exactly complimentary.

Ideally I would like two remote TRVs both passing a "call for heat" to a dumb wired stat (leaving the existing timer downstairs to do the actual boiler control), and it seems like such a simple idea I couldn't believe it doesn't exist but I can't find anything that does that.

I don't really fancy spending the £400 or so it'll cost me to upgrade the whole house to individual zoned radiator stats, and I've no requirement at all for "smart" controls, but that does seem to be the only option that doesn't involve me sweating and breathing in fibreglass dust for a few hours.

I'm also not sure that the smart options would cope with the multi-zone S-plan valves, would they?

Any suggestions?

Ta

Geoff

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back