Wireless thermostat with TS Rad valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a SALUS RT500rf wireless thermostat that randomly comes on in the summer on a hot day, yet does not maintain the temperature in the winter? even when the house is cold the stat dosent always kick in, i have to keep doing it manualy. I have done the obvious (changed batts and default reset) also i have TS valves on all rads, could this be an issue? [/b]

Sponsored Links
The stat should bring on the heating at the boiler.

There seems to be some fault but intermittent ones can be difficult to find.

Have you got Duracell batts or cheap ones?

Have you tried bringing the TX unit close to the RX ?

Tony

yeh thanks for the reply, I have tried duracell in the past as someone else did say this, but no joy, like you said, intermittent fault is hard to diagnose, iv had the stat over 5 years maybe its dieing, best change it with honeywell CMT927, btw can the TRV's cause communication issues?

If normal TRVs then no.

If wireless TRVs ( which are rare ) then potentially they could do.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, i am going to give this stat a final go by factory reseting and new batteries

Hello, I have a SALUS RT500rf wireless thermostat that randomly comes on in the summer on a hot day, yet does not maintain the temperature in the winter? even when the house is cold the stat dosent always kick in, i have to keep doing it manualy.
Is this something new, or has it always been like this?

Note that in the room where the stat is you shouldn't really have a TRV on the rad - the TRV might be set so that the room never gets hot enough for the room stat to turn off, even when the rest of the house is hot.

You should remove the head from the TRV in that room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back