wiring a cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts :LOL: , yesterday I wired a cooker in for a friend, the cooker is a Beko, model dvc 563 and 565 :confused: . I followed the instructions given to me by the bloke in the shop, quite simple really :rolleyes: . But, when we turned it on only the top oven worked :cry: . She rang the shop and told them about our problem, he said I had wired it up wrong and that he would come and sort it for £25
this is how I did it, the live to the left, earth bottom right, neutral just above that. Should there be a bridging wire from the live up to the next connection?
Any advice greatly appreciated :)
BTW, great idea for a site, I'm sure I will be calling back with many more silly questions :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, I didn't notice one but I did see him loosen the screws in the other connectors, could that be causing the problem if they aren't connected properly?

yeah, always make sure the terminals are tight..
what size cable did you sire it in?

Sponsored Links
I just used the one off the old cooker. Thanks for the fast response, wont be able to sort it til next week tho coz I am at work for a few days, I will let you know how I get on ;) cheers

Starts getting a little more awkward to check after that

If I remember rightly you if you take the back off you can get to the other side of that terminal block and see where the spade connectors for the various parts of the oven are connected (sometimes that can be incorrectly put on)

Not sure on these if you can remove/see the otherside without removing the back.

There is always a quite common problem which I hesitate to mention

Does it have a timer and has it been switched to manual (some timers have a distressng habit of coming on as auto when first switched on or after power failure and can cause people to believe the main oven is not working)

You would definately not be the first and at least you never had to pay for an engineer to press two buttons and say

Give me a huge wadge of cash

lol

do i have to change the wire supplied on the cooker oven before i hard wire it to the white box under the worktop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back