Wiring a Randall TP5 for Greenstart Jnr Combi, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help - I am trying to re-use the Randall TP5 on my old central heating system to control my new Greenstar Jnr 28i. There are two 1.5 volt batteries in the unit, is it possible to use without attaching mains - using 2.5mm cable already up to boiler controls? or do i need to mains power it somehow?

Bit confused? regards Tom

Sponsored Links
If you are as confused as that Tom, I would question whether it would be wise to continue.

If you have a 2.5mm cable you will find it very hard to connect to the TP5 to the boiler. The size and rigidity of the conductors could stress the PCB connections on both products.

Ideally use a cable no more than 1.5mm solid or 0.75mm flex.

Other than that your TP5 is compatible and needs just a two wire connection to the boiler.

If you have got no room stat your boiler was not installed by a Corgi...paid in cash? Gas pipe undersized? Flue pipe no screws? No inhibitor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back