Wiring a Spotlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if someone may be able to help me wiring this spotlight up. I made an attempt yesterday. The spotlight came on but I could not turn it off at the switch!!!! I took a photograph before I removed the wiring from the ceiling and a photograph of the new spotlight connnections

Many thanks,

Richard

Sponsored Links
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:rose

Except your job is even simpler:

1) You only have 1 loop cable - this is the last light on the circuit.

2) Your new light has the 4th terminal you need so you don't have to provide a bit of choc-block.

General note - (and this applies to everything in life, not just electrics) you would not have had problems if you'd decided it would be a good idea to learn how it worked before fiddling with it.

Take the two brown wires in the centre of the ceiling rose and place them together in the spare terminal block of your spotlight.
Take the blue wire with the brown sleeve on and place that in L on you spotlight block.
Take the the blue wire on the left (not the one to the pendant) and place that in N - take all the earths and place it in the earth terminal

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back