Wiring after or before new boiler and piping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we bought a property which we are rennovating.

We are installing a boiler - with new piping, however w have to wait 6 weeks to do this aswe are waiting on the water board to connect a new mains service pipe and then the plumber will install boiler and new piping.

I am delaying new Cat 6 sockets/Extra mains around the house - as i wanted the boiler and plmbin to take priority when going under floorboard. does this make sense? or could i do wiring before?

Sponsored Links
It would depend, ideally if any pipework are to routed in areas near cables, you would want to avoid any heat via soldered pipe joints, damaging cable.
If there are no pipes or heated joints, then it would not matter.

if the pipework is being notched into the joists then they will be a good distance from the part of the joist the sparks is allowed to drill for his cables but its still probably better to do the plumbing first imo.

if the pipework is being notched into the joists then they will be a good distance from the part of the joist the sparks is allowed to drill for his cables
In my experience, when a plumber comes in to first fix after the sparky, they seldom care about the the routes or compliance (part a building regs) of joist holing/notching or separation from electrical services.
So best have the plumber in first.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back