Wiring an electric roller shutter . .

OK, thanks for all input.

This morning I wired as per Mathews directions.

you were right - the cable with the blue wire went to motor . . . .

so, got it all wired up, turned on power and shutter moved into its fully down position (it was stuck up a couple of feet)

when the switch was operated in one direction nothing happened, in the other the shutter moved a little, before reversing back to fully down.

as the scaffold was currently set up against the shop glass I had to abandon it for now so the plastering could continue - but clearly somehting is not right!

Huey

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
That would seem to suggest that you've somehow ended up with the wire that sends the motor down wired to a permanent live supply, although (assuming I've not made a stupid error) if you followed my instructions to the letter, this shouldn't have happened. I assume you carried out the tests?

I did do the tests Mathew - but, I suspect if anyone has made a stupid error it is me. Will double check it all in the morning and let you know

cheers

Huey

Sponsored Links
I did do the tests Mathew - but, I suspect if anyone has made a stupid error it is me. Will double check it all in the morning and let you know

cheers

Huey

Just remember that my best guesses at the colours in my previous post were just that, you may need to substitute in the correct colours depending on the results of your testing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back