Roller shutter help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help me please. Have purchased a new control unit for our roller shutter. The new wiring diagram shows 5 cables coming from the motor but I have 6. Coming from the current control switch and motor are free,blue,red,yellow,brown,white. it looks like the yellow and red are connected directly to the motor and all other cores apart from the blue are going into some sort of control switch. There is no indication on any of the parts as to what each core/colour does. I have attached photos of the current control switch & motor along with the new control board and wiring diagram. Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, hoping someone can help me please. Have purchased a new control unit for our roller shutter. The new wiring diagram shows 5 cables coming from the motor but I have 6. Coming from the current control switch and motor are free,blue,red,yellow,brown,white. it looks like the yellow and red are connected directly to the motor and all other cores apart from the blue are going into some sort of control switch. There is no indication on any of the parts as to what each core/colour does. I have attached photos of the current control switch & motor along with the new control board and wiring diagram. Any help gratefully received. Thanks.
No pictures I take it you intended to include these.

After looking at pictures and diagram it does not match.
Pictures 1,2 and 3 seem to show a limit switch box.
Picture 4 shows a control box.
Picture 5 the wiring diagram.
The picture 4 and 5 match but pictures 1,2, and 3 do not seem to match anything shown with 4 and 5.

Starting from left as best as I can read.
1 = +24v brown cable
2 = GND Blue
3 = Normally Closed
4 = Common
5 = Can't read
6 = black square
Non of these seem to be labelled as limit switches
7 8 9 clearly up down buttons
10 11 power to armature.
12 13 power to field one is up other down.
14 15 light
16 17 18 power in.

It would seem the control box is not designed for your door. But to be frank can hardly read the PCB Layout just not good enough but giving what I can read in case some one else can help.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes pictures 1-3 are the existing motor and switch. Pics 4 & 5 are the new control board and wiring diagram. Don't think the wiring diagram will be too much use but hoping someone will have an idea as to how it could be wired. As I'm thinking essentially the old box would send a signal to open & close same as the new control box but with limit switch switching the motor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back