Electric Shutter

If where you can access is prior to the switch etc, you will still need the key to operate it even if it is safe to put a supply to it. Have you checked it is all dead yet? Just wondering if you can hand wind it up somehow?

Sponsored Links
Yes the access point is before the switch but I can see the cable that goes to the switch. Presumably this cable could be joined to activate it??

There is a way to manually raise it but again I will have to disnatle the shutter box. Not the end of the world but rather do it without if its possible.

Will try and get some pics if I go there over the weekend.

D

Most roller shutters have a manual winding point. You might have to pull the hook down slightly (or up) to engage it with its gear. Manual winding is a very slow process on certain shutters, a proper winding rod will do you a great favour.

Crafty said:
Most roller shutters have a manual winding point. You might have to pull the hook down slightly (or up) to engage it with its gear. Manual winding is a very slow process on certain shutters, a proper winding rod will do you a great favour.

I can get to the winder, just.

About 5 million turns raises it an inch!!! Hence wanting to power it up!!!

D

Sponsored Links
if you had of started it yesterday when you first posted you could have done it by now

Crafty said:

When we got our roller shutter for the garage I did think about coupling a DC motor to the manual winder so in the even of a power cut a car battery could get the door open. Then my wife came up with a better idea..............We never shut the door.

cut the handle off the winder and use a power or battery drill...

not all roller shutters have manual overides ( such as shops etc.. else the thieves can just open it .. )

ColJack said:
not all roller shutters have manual overides ( such as shops etc.. else the thieves can just open it .. )
All our shops have manual overrides. We use bullet locks in the side frames ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back