Wiring into Wiring Station

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone have a look at a picture of a Wiring Station for a 3 port mid way Valve, against a drawing that I have tried to do , could the black wire going into 8 be the live feed to the boiler ? .

Attachments

• 3 Port Mid Position Actuator Rev 09.10.20.jpg
    3 Port Mid Position Actuator Rev 09.10.20.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 60
  • terminal box showing Tank stat cable reduced.jpg
    terminal box showing Tank stat cable reduced.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
If the system is working normally for hot water and central heating,then the black wire would be the switched live to the boiler. Haven't studied your diagram though.
Bit of a lash up really.

Last edited:
If the system is working normally for hot water and central heating,then the black wire would be the switched live to the boiler. Haven't studied your diagram though.
Bit of a lash up really.

Yes it is a mess, Taken me ages ti figure it out, I have just changed the Actuator on it and put a JB on where they had 3 cables come together with a connector and wrapped with miles of tape , but the lady friend said every time a Plumber comes , they say it is not wired correctly , a bit of " they made it fit to there own system" it is working ok, there is no programmer , it is just switched on via a 6A plug in the cupboard .
I just thought I would do a drawing and leave it next to the Wiring Station.
Anyway thanks for you reply.
cheers
Spike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back