Wiring tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so following on from post I've re run all new cables to pir and door connects. They all come Into the panel on seperate 6 core wire.

Any advice on joining all the + - together there will be 6in total and i was doubling up the wire as I'm using eol double pole.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't bother to double up the power cores, it's not worth it unless your running 100m+! Leave the spare pair in the detector and panel, don't cut them off. If you want it to look neat, you can wind the spare pair back round the cable. Don't cut them too short - you may need them some day!

Strip the outer sheath about 8" (20cm) in the panel. Twist the alarm pair together, strip and connect them to the zone. Twist the power pair together about half way. Do the same with the other zones and then twist all the +ve cores together. Strip them all at the same length (say 3cm from the end) without pulling the insulation off completely. Twist the copper into one big fat conductor. Then cut the excess off. You should be able to stick this into the AUX+. If you struggle, make sure that the screw is undone and push a 2.5mm screwdriver in the terminal and give it a gentle twist to make sure that the protective tab is fully in and out of the way. You should be able to do this with upto six cores fairly easily. Now do the same with the negative...

If you really can't get the wires in, use a bit of choc block and run a two single cores from the choc block to the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back