Wiring underflorr heating thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Just needed some guidance on installing a WARMUP underfloor heating thermostat.
It has 8 terminals.
1 and 2 says 230VAC L and N with 2 arrows pointing in.
3 and 4 says max load 3.6kw L and N with 2 arrows pointing out.
5 says EXT with one arrow pointing in.
6 7 and 8 says sensor 6and 7 have been linked with a number 2. 7 and 8 have been linked with a number 1.

I have two leads coming out of the under floor heating. One is a 3 core grey flat. The other is a white 2 core flat cable.

Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The last Warmup I installed had no links, just 2 terminals for power in
2 terminals for power out and two for the temp probe. There may have been an ext trminal but its not normally used.

What do your instructions say?

1 & 2 supply in
3 & 4 to floor heating element

5 not used

The controller can have two sensors. If you only have one then connect it to 7 & 8 with 6 not used.

Connect supply earth to the earth screen in the heating element cable
You should have an RCD on this supply.

Sponsored Links
In the Xstat, does it matter which way round the floor sensor wires go into terminals 7 & 8?

I also take it that the earths just go into a connector block as I have used a plastic flush mount back box and of course there is no terminal on the Xstat for Earth?

Many thanks guys.

Alan - Newbie Post 1

Alan,

Please dont hijack old posts - start one of you own - you'll get better service!

In answer to yr Q

Sensor wires can go either way round.

Yes earths MUST be all connected including the shield on the floor elements.

Do not forget equipotential bonding and an RCD and that this is notifiable work.

Sorry - I only signed up today and after posting this found on forum guidelines that I should not hi-jack so I did set up a new topic earlier today which was replied to.

Thanks for the advice and apols again.

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back