WJD 1257W Drum jammed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Something which sounds unpleasantly metallic is jamming the drum of my Zanussi WJD washing machine. I can rotate the drum by hand with effort but get awful screeching sounds!
Is it possible to remove the drum to split it and remove whatever the object is. I gather that not all machines these days have a "splittable" drum.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bra wire or something may have got between the 2 drums, can you gain access to it through the large drain hose at the bottom

Sounds like a bra wire or something may have got between the 2 drums, can you gain access to it through the large drain hose at the bottom

Not so far! Just wondering whether to persist in looking or bit the bullet and strip it down. But someone reckons that manufacturer are getting wise to people fixing stuff and starting to weld the outer drums!

Thanks for the input.
:)

The tub on this can be split but try removing the heater first. If you do split the tub then make sure you replace the tub seal.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, captaincaveman1. I'll persevere for the moment but good to know that if no success by washday, the nuclear option is feasible! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back