woman on site

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there many building sites out there with female time served trade's, not cleaners :confused: we never see any up hear in cumbria. :confused: go on prove me wrong and if so are they any good, :eek: we did have a apprentice girl about 5 years but she could not hack it and left after 4 months said the sites were all cold and full of muck. ;) ,she drives a van now :)

Sponsored Links
last site i was on there were women on security desk, but i do use the term women very loosley :LOL:

Sponsored Links
last site i was on there were women on security desk, but i do use the term women very loosley
Seen a few myself ... Right Crocadilly-hiddi-pig rug munchers ;)

i take on school students from two different high schools as part of their work experience.

four students, four separate weeks.

i was asked to take on a female student, but i declined.

has anyone read the list of do's and don'ts that the schools send out with their applications?

we are encouraged to show these kids real working conditions and all the things that go with it.

if we followed the do's and don'ts by the letter, we would not even be allowed to stand close to these kids. :rolleyes:

what is considered inappropriate by the "rules" would make working on a building site impossible.

"avoid any contact with the student" blah blah blah.

you try sitting on a front bench seat of a van and avoid contact. ffs. :rolleyes:

is there many building sites out there with female time served trade's, not cleaners :confused: we never see any up hear in cumbria. :confused: go on prove me wrong and if so are they any good, :eek: we did have a apprentice girl about 5 years but she could not hack it and left after 4 months said the sites were all cold and full of muck. ;) ,she drives a van now :)

I encountered female mechi fitters, sparkies and structual engineers when working at sellafield many moons ago.

I was asked to take on a female student, but I declined.
What grounds did you give them Noseall?

You need to be sooooo careful with this nowadays.

MW

I was asked to take on a female student, but I declined.
What grounds did you give them Noseall?

You need to be sooooo careful with this nowadays.

MW

the schools are extremely grateful for ANY placements the students may receive.
placements with builders are quite scarce.

the teacher asked me over the phone and i said i did not think it was a good idea. end of.

mind you, if i had told the truth and said:

"well we like to ave a laff, bit of banter, bit of muckin abaart, and i dunner think she'd appreciate being grabbed by the wotsits". :eek: :LOL:

had a female plumber on a jobsite once...she got all sorts of names called at her, wolf whisltes and such from the scafold guys... untill she kicked one in the nuts for making an inapropriate sugestion and grabbing her but.. they were all a lot nicer to her after that.. and she was nearly as bad as them for swearing and the like...

Sponsored Links
Back