Wood Glue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a veneered wood floor that uses a click fix system, unfortunately the floor underneath is not as level as it should have been and the click lock has failed. I can't easily replace the board as its right in the middle of a massive room which includes a kitchen island etc. So I plan to inject some glue in to as much of the seem as possible to bind it to its neighbour to avoid the lip being chipped or damaged with foot scuffing.

Can anyone suggest a high quality clear drying strong glue for the job?

Sponsored Links
my thought
its doomed to failure without support where needed
how much does it dip when you stand on it ??
my suggestion assuming about 3-4mm dip is lift the edge pump in loads off glue into the dip
stand on the dip to distribute the glue so the suction will form ripples between the floor and board
glue in the joint lay a plank/s over the dip area and the joint and weight down to try and flatten and hold the glue joint tight but without bending into the dip
leave for a week to allow the glue to skin over and harden avoid walking near to allow it to take

but still expect the problem to reoccur in the future as it may fail
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p61864?searchstr=d$ glue

Last edited:
The adjacent board flexes no more than about 2mm but its enough to separate the click.

Sponsored Links
You could tape either side of the join and use a polyurethane glue (gorilla glue) that will foam and fill the voids - the tape will make removing the excess easy by scraping once cured?

this is bit worryingo_O I'm about to lay a laminate floor, is 2mm really enough to break the joints? Did you use underlay?

yes i used underlay. and the boards were 12mm just unlucky that the join was at a point where there was a bit too much flex. it used to be two rooms. i've glued it using the first recommation as there is a tool station up the road. The glue seems to be holding well and i've got a stack of olympic weights holding it down while it sets over the next 24 hours.

Left it over night with a stack of weights on - there is actually a 2.5 and a 15 under the 20, so the weight of small person.
33311559555_6c35ed4cd6_c.jpg

as i say iff you have more than 1mm underneath it will take time to skin over and dry so give it a few days more iff you can
if you dont understand this point put some glue in a plastic bag about 2mm thick and see how long it takes to go off

yes i got your point that the glue is to both bond and pack. i managed to get quite a bit under there and will leave the weights on for a few days.

nice one lol
people get impatient and whilst the micron thick layer in the clamped up area will indeed be dry in minuits anything over 0.5mm thick will take ages :rolleyes:

I have the same problem. I might try sliding some of that white underlay under there and then use some superglue and weigh it down like you:)

I have the same problem. I might try sliding some of that white underlay under there and then use some superglue and weigh it down like you:)
superglue has no give at all and you will need loads to do what around 100-150ml off wood glue can do

I'd agree - if the glue is stronger than the material, then there is no need for stronger glue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back