Wooden bar on roof tiles above fascia board??

Hi all, just so you know what happened with this, I got another roofer to do the work in the end, and he said the verge cap was just a design choice, it didn't have much of a functional purpose but it didn't hinder anything either. He took it off and found exposed brickwork (about an inch) running up the verge of the roof. The rain must have been coming at the house from a specific direction and being blown sideways at high speed for a long period to get enough water on the exposed brickwork to soak my bedroom wall. He slotted in a lead soaker and refitted the verge cap and I haven't had a problem since. See attached for lead soaker work.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 233
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback Simkill. Can anyone understand why he has cut pieces out of each soaker and why he has not gone over the fascia and inch?

That looks like a bodge up, but if you're happy and it works.
Not a repair I'd put my name to.

I think it was to leave enough wood exposed to screw the verge cap back onto. If there were no cutaways you'd have to drill through the lead I guess.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back