woodstove with boiler along with combi boiler

i use "wildfire" in my multifuel woodburner think this is smokeless , it just turns to dust !. i only use a few bits just to keep it in overnight , 2 bags has lasted me all this (mild) winter ..

Sponsored Links
Be careful with Wildfire, as it has quite a high tar content, ideal for open fires but it can upset your stove...

Although Norcon will now copy and past loads of boring guff from spurious internet sites written by people who are as equally as barking mad as he is...

Oh yes, I forgot... Stanley are the only multifuel boiler stove on the market. I take it that you have the flue cleaned every week then?

Sponsored Links
Not the only one but definitely the best stoves on the market imo.

My flue has been exhausting coal fumes for 20 years. Swept once in that time (last year) and a few kilos of soot was removed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stanley require you to sweep the flue weekly.... Presumably that's how they allow folk to burn coal on their appliances... Not because they are designed to burn coal.

Stanley are indeed a good quality stove, but the best? Well if that is what you want to think...

I think that the OPs question has been answered and you have bored me enough for one day..

"Stanley require you to sweep the flue weekly.... "

Yeah right.
:rolleyes:

The stove on its own is great but with backboiler, it needs around 3 times the amount of the fuel (wood, coal etc) to heat and that means a huge amount of woods (Let alone the time it takes to dry the fire wood before burning them).

A standalone stove is around 5KW and a backboiler stove is around 12-18KW, depending on how many radiators are in the house. A 15 KW backboiler stove eats woods and coals like there's no tomorrow.

Thats why I favour thermal stores, they can be used to bank the heat from the boiler when the heating is off so that you can run a smaller boiler but for longer...Also if you don't fancy trudging down to the wood shed on a cold and frosty morning, the oil boiler will take over..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back