Worcester 24 CDi. Advice Please

We gather its a £30 commission payment when the customer takes a BG replacement boiler.

ive told you this before. maybe it will sink in this time. its £10 per appointment and it doesnt matter if the customer takes the boiler or not.

Or get Chris R to replace it for £100 and recover the cost from BG as they clearly gave you incorrect advice!

even if they are in the wrong, which they may well be in this case, dream on if you think they will give you money for a third party job.

Sponsored Links
Quick update. Story since first post.

I checked my agrement online and it does state that flues which are NOT part of the boiler are NOT covered.

I am pretty sure that my flue is part of the boiler, so i phoned BG and asked them why they were not going to replace it.

Initially they told me that flues were not covered. After I reminded them what their website said (ie flues that are part of the boiler ARE covered), they are now sending ANOTHER engineer out this friday to take a look.

And yes thanks,I checked the mentioned web sites and the part can still be purchased.

Fingers crossed this Friday that;

A. Either the engineer finds that the flue is not as badly corroded as they first thought and no replacement is necessary or

B. They honour their agreement and just replace the part.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Much appreciated

to clarify, an open flue boiler does not need a flue to operate correctly, therefore the flue is classed as part of the building. a room sealed boiler does need a flue to operate correctly, therefore it is classed as part of the appliance and is covered.

do not take any other explanation. its in your t+c's.

Sponsored Links
To close.

Another engineer called on Friday as promised and had a look at the flue.
Upon inspection he said he did not know what the previous engineer was on about, as although there was indeed a little surface rust , the flue was solid and would last another five years.

I was present this time and had a look my self ,armed with a screwdriver and had a good poke around. And indeed the flue was sound.

Panic over no new boiler required!

The second engineer said he would have a word with the first engineer,
but I cant help but think that had this of happened to an elderly lady etc, with enough worries about paying rising gas bills etc. Well its pretty low!

Thanks again to every one who replied.[/list]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back