worcester 24 cdi whining noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my worcester 24cdi combi has started making a whining noise when we draw hot water.if i turn on the cold tap the noise stops but starts again when cold turned off. After doing a bit of research on the net , it's looking like the heat exchanger. i've identified the heat exchanger on the boiler and the noise does seem to be coming from that area. My question is , can the heat exchanger be repaired / cleaned or does it have to be replaced. many thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean the plate heat exchanger? If you are certain it is this then they can be cleaned, but worcester boilers, although good, are a pig to work on unless you know them inside out.

Have you tried putting a screwdriver to various parts of the boiler whilst it is whining with the other end to your ear to ascertain the part that is whining?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back