worcester 240 combi keep losing pressure please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my worcester 240 combi keeps losing pressure and going to 0 bar it was on 3 bar other day and poring out into garden i messed about with radiator trying to bring pres down then realised looping valve was open slightly i adjusted it but since then it keeps dropping to 0 bar please help :oops:

please note 5 your title has been edited

Sponsored Links
Your pressure relief valve is letting by (leaking) and needs to be replaced. Simple job but not that cheap. You could try pressurising and operating the PRV manually a few times to see if the valve seat cleans itself but personally I wouldn't hold my breath.

You need to make sure that your filling loop is off and disconnected,if the pressure still rises the expansion vessel diaphragm has probably failed as the water has nothing to expand against,the prv is set at 3 bar and will lift to releave excess pressure,these never really reseat very well,call out worcester £175 to get them out and includes up to 3 major components.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back