Worcester 240 - how to reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've got a worcester 240 boiler and last night while running hot water it stopped heating the water, and is no longer centrally heating either. The boiler was making some unusual sounds and I noticed that the water pressure was under 1 bar, so I got that back up to 1.5. This morning it seems that the pressure is still fine so I was hoping that my first option would be to reset it. My old boiler (last house) used to get reset whenever there was a problem and it always worked, but this one has no obvious reset.
The 'demand' light comes on, but the 'power on' light doesn't. The gas cooker is working, the water pressure is fine, the boiler is making a noise when there is demand, but nothing is getting warm! I've turned the power to it off and on again, but had no luck!

Thanks for any suggestions!

PS - I've mailed Kevplumb because I read here that he had a PDF manual for a 240 worcester, but if anyone else has one could you please let me know here and I'll mail you?

Sponsored Links
Thanks gasman!

Pressed button - boiler started - no cold shower for me this morning!!

Think I was expecting some nice user friendly labelled button like my last boiler.... :LOL:

Nice one. Thanks

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back