Worcester 240 pump?

Cheers Breesey, i take it you mean the heat to water exchanger? or dya mean gas to heat up in the main burner compartment?

I mean The heat exchanger! :rolleyes: ;)

You'll get kettling if the volume of the heat exchanger has been reduced buy scale because the smaller water quantity in it over heats and vapourises. You can get a similar effect if the pump is buggered and therefore not moving water through the heat exchanger quick enough.

Sponsored Links
thanks for everyone's input on this

since then the boiler has been running fine (touch wood)

the only thing i notice that's not right however is that when the boiler fires up the pump doesn't kick in until 5 seconds later. Each time it does this I keep thinking it's going to kettle and reset itself but the pump kicks in just when you think it's gone to the point where it's going to start kettling and reset.

Any ideas on this? or is it just that it does this usually and I've only noticed it now?

Cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back