worcester 24i fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
have a 24i giving trouble,lights up ok stays lit a while then goes off,a while later back on,pump turns freely, however there is a rapid clicking noise from the pcb,and if i press anywhere along the front of the plastic control section at the bottom front of boiler it trips out press again and it clicks like mad and comes back on also as it does this cutting in and out i'm getting a smell of gas as the burner lights and goes out,also hot water is not constant this goes hot/cold hot /cold,i thought pump at first as it gets red hot but i think is due to overheating and all these other things that are going on, also the dhw isnt dependant on the pump, checked pump(removed centre nut)small spurt of air then water came out,no banging/gurgling/rushing of water or and unusual noises other than this what i assume is a relay or similar clicking like crazy.

any offers of advice please
thanks in advance

kev.

Sponsored Links
hi super.
thanks for reply,i thought lose connection so tried all plugs and wires & connectors on board all seemed tight fit and pushed home,and a dry joint ?would that have shown up before now as boiler been fine for at least 4 years now? themistor sounds good i will check it in morning,though am still baffled by the clicking and it going on / off if pressed on cover?

thankyou for your help will keep posted

kev.

sounds like a dry joint.

dry joints happen with age and heat it would be very strange to have a dry joint fault on something new

Sponsored Links
hi chaps,

cheers for all replies, new pcb sorted it, 1 of the relays had gone west,i think it was the 1 for the gas valve,anyway all done now,

many thanks

kev.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back