Worcester 24i RSF issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an issue with the boiler where it seems we now have to switch the boiler off at the mains and back on again to get it to fire with the central heating but it will fire every time with hot water.

It will fire at all on the Auto timer and will only fire once if in the ON position for the heating. Once we turn the heating off we have to turn the boiler on and off again at the mains to get it to fire with the heating back again.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Sponsored Links
Any other information I can provide to help with a diagnosis?

Cheers

Does your boiler have an external roomstat?
If so check it is calling for heat/
I would be inclined to bridge out the timer Ci-Cl the clocks do go a bit dicky sometimes.
See if it stays on .

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler have an external roomstat? If so check it is calling for heat/

Yes it does, I had it currently set to 24 degrees, no where near that in the house. I had the CH running (not on timer) just now but noticed the flame had gone out at some point. I went and turned the stat down and then back up again and the boiler lit up again. Does this rule out the stat or point to it potentially having a problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back