worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem is c/h will not fire up on itself when put in the on position, so i have to turn dhw tap on the the c/h will come on ,so im having to turn a hot tap on for a few seconds to get the c/h + rads to come +stay on thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
From your post, and limited description of boiler fault,my response is that it is a failure of your diverter valve,more boiler info is required.Have you checked internal boiler pressure as indicated on gauge?Is the pump operating?Is the auto air valve working correctly?

First off the 24i does not have a diverter valve .
Ive had this fault a few times now if your ch does not even attempt to re light without switching the dhw first then its the pcb sticking in its anti-cycle mode, only one solution ,a new pcb not a hard job but not that cheap.

thanks for the info ,can you tell me roughly how much is a pcb and how much should it be to install , as i have no knowledge of boilers at all ,

cheers

Sponsored Links
The board retails for £138.88 inc vat so you should get one at a trade price for a bit less, it takes about 15mins to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back