worcester bosch 24i junior no h/w or c/h problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had the boiler and c/h system installed for about 3 weeks now, have not been using the c/h for 2 weeks, fired it up last weekend, working fine, yestrday heard high frequency ticking sound from the boiler, but it was still working. later on in the day all hot water went off - the boiler would not light atall.(no c/h or h/w) this morning the boiler lit for about 5 seconds (when i turned a tap on) then went off and wouldnt light again atall. I had the c/h turned on too and again it lit for about 5 seconds then went off. (so no c/h) any ideas what this might be ?? - a local agent told me the pump might be jammed.
thanks in advance..... :confused:

Sponsored Links
!! yes indeed - my first port of call ! - guess what ? hes on holiday this week! rang worc, and theyre coming out tomorrow.

Please let us know what the problem turns out to be.

These are meant to be reliable boilers and I am wondering if the problem has been caused by incorrect installation.

If that were the case it could be a chargeable visit from Worcester!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
jimincov said:
!! yes indeed - my first port of call ! - guess what ? hes on holiday this week! rang worc, and theyre coming out tomorrow.

You might be lucky...could be me at your door tomorrow :LOL:

Jim in black, guessing that the other Jim is in Cov ( where I often go ) and you are in Wolverhampton!

Assuming you are a staff Worcs eng then whats your company policy on installer errors like flue defects and debris in plate HEs? It it always or sometimes a chargeable call or never a chargeable call but left for the installer to sort out?

And what do you do if the installer is non-reg?

Tony

The motto is don't upset the installer, there our customer! Very rarely would the installer be charged. If it's a small flue repair then I'll do it but say for example it's awrongly fitted together vertical flue going in to loft space then the installer gets a call.

Me personaly if I found out an installer was not registered I wouldn't touch the boiler and refer to Head office. I have to cover my ar*e :!: I've only come across one that I knew about and it was pretty obvious the installer hadn't a clue :rolleyes:

Not Wolverhampton. I live SE of Coventry.

You say its a 24i junior ,is that a Greenstar junior or std eficiancy.
Jiminblack , trying to keep installers happy ,recalls down,call planers happy and customers happy .what fun.

Jim in Black, now I am foxed, maybe Rugby, Dav or Southam but I cannot think of any "blacks" there!

The small manufacturer we do waranty calls for has a very high proportion of non registered, all first name and mobile numbers. CORGI will do nothing and even the one that exploded with a RIDDOR, they are just going to write to the landlord suggesting an RGI the next time.

Tony

Tony

A little bit further SE. Gosford " All Blacks" in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.

COG The planners are supposed to keep us happy :rolleyes:

all fixed now.....

it was the pump motor, a rare fault on this boiler apparently.

thanks for the interest folks !

:D

A real pump fault? Thats very rare! Usually caused by debris in the system and due to installer not cleaning it out.

Did jim go?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back