worcester 26 cdi xtra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
no hot water, heating working ok.being looked at tomorrow, what can i expect?.when hot water is selected the tap light comes on followed by the flame light and i think the sequence goes thro to firing up and then immedatley shuts down.

Sponsored Links
sounds like your condense is blocked! Nightmare job to be honest. last one I did took me a long time and had to order loads of bits off WB.

Hopefully for you its something simpler! Do you get any fast flashing lights? how long will the heating stay on for?

thanks both for reply.no flashing lights.water runs fairly warm when heating is running. When hot tap is first turned on, taplight will light up followed by hot water flame light i hear a few clicks as tho its attemting to ignite, then both lights go out,[cud it be diverter valve?].heating stays onas required.

Sponsored Links
sounds like your condense is blocked! Nightmare job to be honest. last one I did took me a long time and had to order loads of bits off WB.

Hopefully for you its something simpler! Do you get any fast flashing lights? how long will the heating stay on for?

Are you serious?

not unusual for the condensate to block on these.

how do u check for blocked condencate,[ is it connected to the condencate dtain pipe?]

yes but the condensate trap sits at the back right of boiler, very difficult to remove in some cases. chances are just looking at it may not confirm if its blocked as they quite often stain inside meaning you can't see whats in there.

The 26CDi extra isn"t a condensing boiler :idea: Sounds like you may have a problem with a blockage in the boiler.

26CDi XTRA
WALL MOUNTED CONDENSING COMBINATION BOILER FOR
CENTRAL HEATING AND MAINS FED DOMESTIC HOT WATER

O yes it is. :LOL:

oh yes it is a condensing boiler. Homserve been this afternoon, and said it requires new diverter valve, will come back in one or two days with new part???.

Whoops my bad :oops: I was thinking of the older 26CDI. Why cant they call a new boiler by a new name? In that case, a choked condensate is a possibility.

Are you serious?

Yes, please explain your comment??

To the OP if the h/w light comes on then you can discount div valve because it has made the micro switch. You (they) can tell if its the condensate blocked because they will see flame lift at the dhw higher gas pressure. There is also a funny smell about them when they're blocked!

Agree with the other poster, it is a 28cdi cannibalised quickly to put a toe into the condensing market. Worst boiler ever produced by wb. Superceeded by the HE and HE plus the best boilers ever produced by them..in my opinion!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back