Worcester 280 Combi-Boiler not heating top floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi-boiler Worcester 280 is not heating the top floor radiator. 3 Story building, the middle floor and lower floor radiators are hot. The radiator is not the cast-iron type, but sheet metal type, with copper plumbing. I am guessing the system is about 10 years old. Have tried bleeding the air, but no luck. The pressure shows to be .4 bar, which seems low. I would expect it to be 1.5 -2.0 bar, otherwise not enough pressure to push the water to the top floor. Is this the problem? How do I increase the pressure? What should the pressure be? What else should I check?

Sponsored Links
Your lack of pressure is the problem.

Each storey in your house reduces the pressure by about 0.3 bar :eek:

Your system pressure should be set to around 1.2 1.5 bar cold.

I'm not to familiar with WB, you may have a filling loop under the boiler or it may have the built in filling link that needs the white plastic 'handle' inserted to let you top the pressure up.

sorry moderator, new to the site.

Dave thanks for the information. we got it sorted.

Sponsored Links
You may also need to ensure that the expansion vessel is charged and charged to about 15 psi. If the expansion vessel is flat or low then a standard high head pump will only pump vertically 6 metres. It requires the artificial head created by the expansion vessel to get it up that high.
Im guessing the boilers on the bottom floor though :idea:

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back