worcester 280 no dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
280 works fine in ch mode but when hot tap opened boiler fires but nothing through plate heat exchanger. diverter valve? if so are they easy to change

Sponsored Links
Have a look underneath at the diverter valve arm and see if it moves across for heating and then back to rest in hot water....I would guess not and it is sticking in heating

The diverter valve powers over to the ch position and rests in dhw mode so i cant see it sticking in the ch pos but it poss ,can you see the lever on the side of the valve move after a ch demand (takes 12 seconds). if the ch is off and you turn a hot tap on does it fire up.

arm on diverter valve is not moving. stuck in position b. yes it does fire up when ch off, but no hot water

Sponsored Links
Yeap, diverter valve sounds stuck, did one on thursday gone actually :) Remember to fully drain down sysytem and cover the pcb box with a plastic bag and a towel (Tip) + turn off electrics as well. Failing that, get a guy who knows and works on them.....

IF this is the one with the Honeywell actuator then the plunger will be stuck down.

They can be cleaned or often freed up without taking them apart. There is a repair kit for them.

If I am thinking of another model then sorry!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back