Worcester 28i Junior no H/W pilot light goes out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anybody help, before i call a plumber. I have a Worcester 28i Junior Combi. The last couple of days, It kept not coming on to the timer but you press "Advance" and it works. But tonight the CH has gone out so i pressed adv and went upstairs for a shower the water was freezing i went back to the boiler and the pilot light was out, everytime i put the water on it goes back out.

We have quite a large 3 bed hse on the internet it says this boiler is suitable for a 1 bed flat....... have we burnt it out i had the boiler serviced when we moved in Sept and the plumber said it was fine.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It doesn't have a pilot.
It IS suitable for a small flat
It is ALSO suitable for a typical 5 bed house
The timer doesn't affect the hot water, that should always work
So it's bust, you need a boiler engineer, not a plumber.

Sponsored Links
Well it's a bit like saying "my car won't go - any advice before I call a mechanic"
We can help check the obvious, andd disabuse of misconceptions, but after that...

:confused: :confused: :confused: is about right :D

Dear ChrisR
I posted on this site for some simple advice, I am not a plumber/boiler engineer.

It is the season of good will, if you couldn't help you shouldn't have bothered replying perhaps...... nothings on the tele????? There is teenager chat rooms you could try!!!

Please can someone help.

Can anybody help? have they had this problem? do they know of a resolve? What is the actual problem?

could be one of a million different problems ;)

and before you get any more stroppy bonny lad try and tell the fella what "does" happen :rolleyes:

and bear in mind the lad is reading a computer screen :idea:

Thanks Kev.

The central heating is set to come on at 6:30am but for the last couple of days it's not come on. So i have just hit the Advanced button. I got in from work went up for a shower the water was freezing, i went to the boiler again and it was out again. so i hit advance went back up stairs ran the water same thing happened again. The pressure gauge is inbetween 0 and 1 so after reading the threads i'm assuming that the pressure is low. Being a woman and an accountant i can't follow the instructions. I can not seem to find the instruction manual and worcester website isn't much help.

If i need to get a plumber/boiler man out i will sell a kidney on ebay to fund it but if you can help i would be grateful.

have a look here for info on topping pressure up

do that first and then post back ;)

BTW being female dont make any diff (well unless you post a pic :LOL: )

and you make a decent breakfast :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Your a babe kev Thanks

All working.

My pics would be a turn off and i can't cook sorry!

I do make nice rock cakes though! :LOL: :LOL: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back