worcester 28i junior non-condensing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Does anyone know these boilers? I've sorted the leaking pump issue on one of these boilers but now the boiler locks out when (mainly) the shower is run, it does lock out when c/h and d/h/w is on for a little while.

hit the reset button and away it goes again for a little while but i'm struggling on this. can anyone help?

Thanks lee.......

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the expansion vessel, it may need re-pressurising or the diaphragm may be punctured,

I've not checked the expansion vessel pressure, i've only had the pump and housing off drained the boiler, all worked fine before i'm off back tomorrow to try and rectify this fault,...,,

Sponsored Links
when you are checking the expansion vessel remove the cap (it looks like a tyre valve cap) then press the valve in to release some pressure, if water comes out then the diaphragm is punctured if only air comes out it should be ok & may just need repressurising, the correct pressure should be in the instruction manual if you have it, if not try to find it on the web somewhere, a small electric car tyre pump will give you enough pressure as its usually between 2-3 bar.

Bamba, thanks for the information,, if the vessel was low on pressure or full of water this would show by the pressure raising on the gauge and ultimatly letting it go through the tprv?

it can do, water expands when heated & it needs somewhere to expand into, if the expansion vessel cannot take the increase in pressure(due to a faulty diaphragm or low pressure) usually the pressure in the CH circuit rises(shown by the pressure gauge rising) thus dumping water from the pressure relief valve

this mainly does it when the shower runs, i'll have to take a good look tomorrow. cheers for your replys, lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back