Worcester 28Si II - CH Not Working!

Thanks. I've taken the control panel off and managed to remove the cap from the pump. A little bit of water came out then it continued to trickle lightly for a little bit longer. The center part of the pump seems to move fine so not so sure if it is the pump.

Also one thing I forgot to mention; if I run the hot water then of course the boiler fires up and continued burning. If I then turn the hot water off the boiler stays burning for a few seconds and the CH kicks in then the burner stops.

Sponsored Links
The boiler will light on max for hw & a lower gas pressure for heating so it may be a rectification fault, problem is the pcb,s also play up on these boilers, a gas safe engineer would need to repair it

Thanks.

Got an engineer coming tomorrow to look (hopefully). £60 call out fee but they're Worcester approved and I can't imagine I can get a diagnosis any cheap really.

Out of interest does this sound like it could be an issue with the motorised valve? I remember dealing with a similar issue in a relatives house years ago and the motorised valve was causing almost exactly the same thing to happen. I can't find the sodding motorised valve though!

theres no divertor valve inside . It has whats known as a bithermic heat exchanger so dosent need one.

Sponsored Links
I know this thread is old but did you find out what was wrong?

I have EXACTLY the same problem! Any help would be really appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back