Worcester 32cdi compact . Central heating temp control knob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if anyone on here is familiar with 'Worcester cdi compact range'.
I had a 32cdi compact fitted 6 months ago. On the fascia are two knobs, one for 'water flow temp to the taps' on the right hand side, and one for 'water flow temp to the radiators' on the left hand side.

I wanted to test the difference in flow of hot water to the rads if I increased the temperature from the existing recommended 70c, to a figure of 80c. However, when turning the knob, it will only turn a limited distance between the 'e' point position (about two thirds round clockwise - optimum efficiency), to the start of the max point (near to fully clockwise).

The instructions say that you can vary the temperature between 30c and 82c, implying that the knob can be fully turned fully anti-clockwise to reduce and fully clockwise to increase. And yet when I try and turn it to max, it will only slightly turn clockwise and shows a max of 73c. If I turn it anti-clockwise, it only goes to the 'e' mark and shows 63c.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Turning it to the maximum merely increases the temp from 70 to 73 (rather than the 82 that it says you can go to)

Can anyone shed any light on this?!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back