Worcester 35CDi II Thermostat problem I thought :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry I'm not very technical.
I have a Worcester 35CDi II combi boiler connected to a Drayton Digistat +3 wall thermostat. I've always used the digistat in manual mode, so set a temp and let it come on and off throughout the day. But a few days ago it stopped working. When I put the temp up on the digistat the little flame comes on the digistat but I do not hear the click that normally comes on from the digistat to turn the heating on the boiler. There is no red light for the heater and the flame red light indicating it heating. so....

I disconnected the digistat and connected the two wires coming from the boiler to bypass the digistat and the boiler came on. So I thought it was a faulty wall thermostat and ordered a Drayton Digistat +3 .
When the new thermostat arrived I swapped it out, but it still does not work! Not sure whats wrong. Could it be another faulty thermostat? Is there a problem with my boiler?
I'm going to buy a non digital basic thermostat tomorrow to test.
Oh I forgot I cant get the built in timer to work wither on the boiler.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is this the wireless thermostat?, have you tested the receiver?

Sponsored Links
integral timer has probably been disconnected and replaced with this as its knackered, but you could try plugging it back into the pcb. Are you sure the new one is wired correctly?, almost certain it wont be faulty

integral timer has probably been disconnected and replaced with this as its knackered, but you could try plugging it back into the pcb. Are you sure the new one is wired correctly?, almost certain it wont be faulty
I'll have a look in the boiler and try to locate the integral timer. Is it easy to replace?
The new room thermostat has two wires, it exactly the same make and model as my older one. I just swapped the two wires over (brown on the top connection and blue on the bottom)

i would sat at least 3 wires for the hard wired version, permanent live, neutral and switch live to boiler

Sorry it has 3 wires. The brown and grey have always been connected. There is a black one but that's never been connected. This setup worked for over 9 years. I've take a pic of the connections. I've put the grey and brown together to get the boiler to work. I have not connected the rest of the thermostat.

Attachments

• 1453421872021-1575362844.jpg
    1453421872021-1575362844.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 1453421917573-2088146108.jpg
    1453421917573-2088146108.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 462
When you fitted the new stat did you change the back plate as well? If not then do so, that orange box on it is a relay that could have failed. (That is what you should hear clicking when you turn it up and down)

Last edited:
When you fitted the new stat did you change the back plate as well? If not then do so, that orange box on it is a relay that could have failed. (That is what you should hear clicking when you turn it up and down)
The back plate was changed too. :(

Have you refitted the old one again?, the digistat in your pic is 6 years old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back