worcester boiler, pressure keeps going up-top up tap help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok i bled the raditors and got the pressure down to 2 bar well today its back at 3

the topping up pipe is attached, at what position is it off? it can face up or to the right? i didnt put it on im ina new house and the pipe was already attached!

do i have it up or to the side, want to make sure it snot constantly topping up making the pressure go up??

thanks for your help!!!

Sponsored Links
i now realise its called a filling loop lol but still help! i know my boiler is old were saving for a newone but wont have anough for another 6 months!

Hayley
When the valve handle is up it is turned off and when it is to the side it is on.
Try turning of valve and disconnecting the hose and leave over night to see that it does not top up.
If it still tops up then it could the plate heat exchanger at fault.
Regards
Linkyplumb

ooo now im confused i looke don the help and it saud when its right angle to the pipe its off? so now i dont know which way to turn it before i atempt to take the filling loop off i dont want loads of water everywhere?

is there another knob possibly inside the biler cover that i need to turn off too

oo i hate being so thick! need to train as a plumber!

Sponsored Links
When its right angle to the pipe its off.

When the handle is parallel with the pipe it's on.

These valves can become faulty and let by. Make sure you know where the stopcock is and that it works.
At either end of the braided hose is something that looks like a big wingnut, undo them and take the hose off.

AFTER turning the water off & opening the upstairs & downstairs cold taps.

Otherwise you may well get lots of water all over the place :D

a new filling loop will not cost you a lot.

you can get one at your local Screwfix like this or does your look different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back