worcester bosch 240 combi rsf pilot gas valve issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester bosch 240 combi rsf running on natural gas. When the boiler has a demand for central heating it operates normally, all parts doing what they are supposed to. after 5-7 mins, once the boiler has reached the required temperature it trips off. a couple of seconds later the boiler attempts to start again and fails.

sequence: relay clicks, fan runs, pump runs, APS activated, 2nd relays clicks, no sound of pilot valve opening, ignitor clicks continuously.

turning off the boiler then turning back on 30 mins later lets it start up normally, only to fail to restart after 5-7 mins.

I have recently replaced the start up sequence board but the problem is the same. since the gas valve operates properly at first i had assumed that the valve is not malfunctioning.

water pressure is above 1.5 bar

any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the gas valve may be failing but you need an RGI to investigate the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back