Worcester 240 Pilot light question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester 240 RSF the boiler functions perfectly but I have just noticed that when there boiler is off ie no demand there is a tiny flicker from the pilot light as it does not fully extinguish, even if I switch off the mains the pilot light just remains slightly on, is this normal or is it likely the gas valve is not shutting off fully, the gas valve is vr4601 2009.

I have a friend who has the same boiler and as a comparison I looked at his and his does the same too.

Any sugestions.

Many thanks

Duncan

Sponsored Links
This boiler doesn't have a permenant pilot (i think) which means the pilot solenoid on the gas valve is passing, job for an RGI.

there is a 240 with a permanant pilot, which is normal to be lit, i would worry if it wasnt.

Sponsored Links
So do you think my friend and I both require gas valves, ? would this fault show up on my annual gas inspection as I have just had one.

Many thanks

The pilot should extinguish on boiler shuting down.As you can still see pilot slightly on the only conclusion is that the gas valve is passing.RGI job to investigate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back