Worcester Bosch 28 CDi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler has been playing up. I noticed a downstairs rad wasn't hot, all the others were. Tried bleeding it but no air in it. So I bled some water out at the valve to release any air. Sure enough it spluttered a bit and then warmed up nicely. I re filled the system and all ok until...... Shower on and CH ON. pressure release valve blew like a boiling kettle! I quickly shut everything down and left alone till morning. Now boiler seems to work ok but PRV has a small drip of water coming out of it.
Questions:
A. Do I need to replace PRV? Or anything else?
B. when the boiler is cold and off should the pressure gauge read anything?( mine always goes up when CH GOES on up till about 1.5 bar)
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
By bleeding the rad you have took expansion out of the system. Flat EV, many posts on this.

In the sticky boiler and heating F&Q on the board, goto the bottom of page one.

There is a link to tell you how to re pressurise the expansion vessel in your boiler.

Sometimes you can manually open and shut a PRV a few times and it will stop letting by, otherwise you would need to remove it and clean the seating, or replace

Sponsored Links
In the sticky boiler and heating F&Q on the board, goto the bottom of page one.

There is a link to tell you how to re pressurise the expansion vessel in your boiler.

Sometimes you can manually open and shut a PRV a few times and it will stop letting by, otherwise you would need to remove it and clean the seating, or replace
Thanks for your help.
I re-pressurized the EV and filled the system again and all seems ok. The only thing is a very slight weep of water from the automatic air vent. Is that normal or should it only be air?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back