Worcester Bosch 280, pilot out but no pressure so cannot rel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We recently had a power cut due to all the thunder storms. Since then we have no heating due to the pilot light not lighting. It seems the pressure of the system is 0.4 bar and i was wondering if there was anyway I could increase this to 1 bar myself or do i need an engineer? I remember at a previous house we had a gas engineer come out and show us a valve that we could turn via screwdriver to increase the pressure ourselves.

Any help greatfully received.

Danny

Sponsored Links
Do a search, on the site and under your boiler, for Filling Loop!

i have done a search but it seems I dont have a filling loop. the cold water in is plumbed straight into the boiler with a small valve on the pipe just behind the boiler.

It seems i need to call and engineer!!!

if the filling loop is built in you need the key to open it looks like a backword screwdriver ie the slot is on the key the raised fin is on the valve

Sponsored Links
The 280 does not have a built in filling loop so you will have to find were you pressure is re-set from ,follow the cold inlet to your boiler back over till you find the linj between it and one of the heating pipes, if you carnt find it in your own house how do you expect a stranger too. You mill still need an engineer as the boiler shud still light with low pressure as it does not have alow pressure switch but it does have an overheat stat, you will find the re-set button behind the front cover on top of the controll box.

I have a similar problem with low pressure in a Worcester 280. I've found the tap to lower the pressure, but have no idea how to increase it.

Assume I'm an idiot - "follow the cold inlet to your boiler back over till you find the linj between it and one of the heating pipes" doesn't mean much to me - I can't tell one pipe from another!

Does anyone have a description of what I'm looking for?

The last house I lived in had a nice simple tap to turn to increase or decrease pressure.

Cheers all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back