Worcester Bosch 35CDi II RSF boiler making banging noises

Just to add, it might be not starting because the spindle is stiff. There should be a screwdriver slot/cross underneath the pump bleed screw, it should turn quite freely with a screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
There is very little resistance when turning the spindle with a screwdriver and it doesn't seem to get tight at any particular spots

The other half is going to pick up one of the capacitors on her way back so we'll find out soon.

Please let us know how it goes, we like to find out how things turn out :)

Boilers over 10 years old ; most manu's wont do a fixed price repair.

Sponsored Links
Well I've just fitted the new capacitor from Maplin and so far it's looking perfect. I've turned the HW and CH on about 30 times and every time the motor spins into life.

I'll monitor it and see how it goes over the course of a few days but so far things are looking good.

For anyone else looking to do similar the Maplins capacitor isn't a perfect match to the original but it's pretty close. It has the same 25mm diameter body as the original but it has a ridge at the bottom that is probably 27mm and the overall length is about 8mm longer than the original one.

This makes it a tight fit but it does fit in the box and the lid just closes so it's properly sealed.

I can't see the 2uF capacitor on the Maplins website however they did have it in stock and it is similar to http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/3f-440v-motor-run-capacitor-n40kg but just 2uF.

Thank you to everyone for their help, it's very much appreciated, the other half will be pleased she can have a shower tonight :D

Cool, glad to know it's all working so far, thanks for getting back and telling!

Brilliant thread guys, I,ve been getting the same noises from my boiler to the point where it would switch itself off and need rebooting with the reset button. After scouring the Internet for days I eventually found this thread, changed the pump (which comes with a new capacitor) and the boilers as good as new.
Thanks very much for the info it's much appreciated.
Diynot is now saved to my favourites. Cheers..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back