worcester bosch boiler 24le hot water problems please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a W/B 24 LE about 6 years old fitted by BG
heet exchanger changed just over a year ago

I now have a problem with the hot water
when you turn on a tap in the house the water heats up then goes cold then heats up etc

the hot water light on the boiler apears to be going on & then off

this has only just started happening & seems to have coincided with using the central heating for the 1st time this year

if anyone could sugest what the problem is i would be most gratfull

I know I will have to get a fitter in to sort it
but it would be nice to know what it is so that i dont get ripped off

I live in a hard water area ( Reading )
but i had the heat exchanger replaced last year ( boiler was 5 years old )

the Flow rate of the hot water does not seam to have changed ( still a health flow )
unlike before i had the H/E changed then it went down to a dribble

Sponsored Links
Do you mean 24CDi or 24i junior?

Not familiar with 24Le!!!

Sponsored Links
thanks gas man 1015
Are these likely to be very expensive items ?

Well guess what the secondary heat exchanger needed changing again ...thats twice in 2 years.

the gas man said it was down to Agressive water
when I spoke to him on the phone he said he may have been able to fit a filter .. when he came round he said that could not be done as all the pipes were hidden in the wall behind the boiler

so is there anything I can do to stop this happening again

replacing the H/E is a dear old game

would it be worth trying to flush out the aggressive water with a hose or remove all of the radiators & flush them out in the back garden & if so is this very hard to do

any advice would be appreciated

Not an answer to your problem, but I have a Bosch 24CDI and it was delivered and installed 4 years ago with a leaking heat exchanger. Bosch changed the complete boiler but 4 years on this is now leaking from the heat exchanger when the boiler is not used for a few days. I understand from a BG guy that there is a general problem but Bosch deny it.

i doubt he's bothered after 3 years.

cdi's are not known for leaking heatex's other than the plate one leaking internally. thats down to corrosion and not really the boiler design

cdi's are poor boilers but generally are ok if the water quality is good, if its poor they can leak a lot.

Hi i have a w/b 24cdi and i cant get it to fill so no pressure or dhw i think the fill valve is up the shoot as you turn tap but no water noise

take the grey tap wheel off and turn the white spindle with pliers or some such, the grey wheel has a habit of spinning on the spindle.

if that doesn't work then change the filling assembly. not a difficult job but i dont think ive ever had to change it for not working at all.

Hi i have filled this two or three times in the past as its acttualy my sisters place and the tap head is missing and have done as you have sudjested so i think it a change job, can you get them from plum centre or pts do you think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back