Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 - HW de-pressurises CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CH off and HW off. Run the HW tap and the pressure in the CH drops.

I have a 2nd problem where the CH is drawing in air to the system.

I'm guessing their could be a heat exchanger problem & plan to replace heatexchanged & seals. I'm also suspecting the diverter valve.

Any thoughts ? What is replaced in a standard service ? The boiler is 8 years old.

Sponsored Links
I have had this boiler do this very thing which is most unusual as the
pressure usually rises when there is a pinhole in the DHW HE!

What I would suggest is that you get worcester out on a fixed price call out to replace this heat exchanger... it is a swine to replace!! They will fix all the faults at the same time!!!

Last time I did it I got the full DHW HW ready assembled with the manifolds and it still took me 6 hrs as I got a leak after I had rebuilt it!

Make sure the top can come fully off the boiler so you can get good access.

The second problem with the air could be anything...you may have a small leak somewhere allowing air to be sucked in but I would reserve judgment until you have had the DHW HE done.... I would also not be changing the diverter valve if there is no problem with the CH working.

Good advice - thanks !!

I have also thought about replacing the whole boiler for a Highflow 440 or 550 but I will ask Worcester to look at the current on 1st.

Before you get too involved I hope you have not left the filling valve open and either have no non return valve or one that is jammed open!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile, good thought but I have become very used to re-pressurising the system lately !

Something has failed inorder for the HW and CH to interact. Heat exchanger is my only thought.

Local plumber suggests that Combi boilers have a life expectancy of 10years approx. Is that right ?

Local plumber suggests that Combi boilers have a life expectancy of 10years approx. Is that right ?

Evidently someone short of work installing new boilers with little skill at repairing them.

I often repair old Vaillant combi boilers that are 20 years old!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back