worcester bosche 28cdi

If I'm not mistaken the diverter has a black flow regulator on it. Check it's open fully on the new valve. Worth a look before you bin the boiler.

Sponsored Links
hi all
boiler now fixed and delivering scalding hot water to all sinks in the house.
the finale problem was caused because the plastic plate on top of the valve was not always reaching the microswitch.as i said in one of my many earlier posts it did work after i fitted the new valve but was a bit hit and miss. i looked under the unit while the water was turned on and off and saw that it just wasnt reaching. i could have glued a small disc to the top to lengthen it but i made a new one,10 mins in the workshop and a new disc 1.5mm longer than the original,all working fine now.i guess the switch is probably worn a little and the new valve not quite the same size as the old one.
thank you to everyone who helped it was all valuable information that i used absorbed and stored away for further reference.
danq

misterdubya your a tossa and i dont think thats the right attitude for people on a forum who are all trying to help each oter,its attitudes like yours that keeps people away and leaves the forum empty of genuine people.
before you pass such judgments you should perhaps read and digest the posts,or uis that too dificult for you.

Sponsored Links
hi all
boiler now fixed and delivering scalding hot water to all sinks in the house.
the finale problem was caused because the plastic plate on top of the valve was not always reaching the microswitch.as i said in one of my many earlier posts it did work after i fitted the new valve but was a bit hit and miss. i looked under the unit while the water was turned on and off and saw that it just wasnt reaching. i could have glued a small disc to the top to lengthen it but i made a new one,10 mins in the workshop and a new disc 1.5mm longer than the original,all working fine now.i guess the switch is probably worn a little and the new valve not quite the same size as the old one.
thank you to everyone who helped it was all valuable information that i used absorbed and stored away for further reference.
danq

so it was the first thing you were told to check? :rolleyes:

if the disc doesn't hit the switch then either the diverter is faulty or the switch isn't in the correct position. have you checked the diverter isn't passing?

as i have said when i fitted the n valve it did work but was a bit hit and miss.the disc hit the switch which it depresed but not depressed enough all the time.i made a thicker one and it works 100% of the time as opposed to being hit and miss
once again thank you for all your help
danq

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back